1. ACCEPTANCE.- Making any reservation implies acceptance of these general conditions.
2. USER.- The person making the reservation must be of legal age and is responsible for the veracity of the information provided.
3. WEEKLY RENTAL. - The rental of all the properties presented on the website www.apuliarentals.com and included in the catalogue have the legal nature of “Tourist Lease” and will be concluded by APULIARENTALS on behalf of the respective owners on their expressed authorization, according to the prices advertised on the website in compliance with the terms and conditions laid out in the private agreement stipulated with the owners themselves. On the website you will find the subdivision of the properties “PRIVATE STRUCTURE” in TRULLI FOR RENT, VILLAS & COTTAGES, SEA VILLAS, APARTMENTS RENTALS, all rented out for self – catering completely accessorized properties, provided with linen and towels, but not with cleaning or personal care products. According to the Italian national and regional laws, the denomination of Private Structure derives from the fact that the owners rent the property as a private individual and not as a company or accommodation facility with special hotel license or similar and therefore he cannot supply any additional hotel services (change of linen, midweek cleaning ecc.) during the guest’s stay, This in possible in the so called Receptive Structures. These services can be supplied only from third parties and directly paid by the guest on site. Moreover, in the private structures, when no guest are in, often the owner lives there, thus the rental is to be considered occasionally and not continuing and above all not as a business form. Being private houses and for holiday purposes, they do not have standards or categories recognized at an international level, but do reflect in the architecture and in the furnishings the local traditions and the personal taste of the owner, therefore it is normal – as it is common in the house we usually live in – that there can be some small flaws.
4. PERIOD OF LEASE. - APULIARENTALS deals with weekly rentals for a maximum of 4 consecutive weeks for the same client, if considered in the agreement with the owner. During low and medium season it is possible to do short stays, or with arrival and departure days different from Saturday, but only in some receptive structures and with the approval from the owner.
5. ONLINE BOOKING PROCEDURE - The structures on the APULIARENTALS website can directly be booked online by proceeding with the deposit payment by credit card. The reservation is subject to acceptance of payment by the banking entity. At the moment of the acceptance of the option or reservation: the clients will receive from APULIARENTALS (via e-mail) the booking form with personal data of the client, amounts and expiry dates of the different payments (DEPOSIT/BALANCE), payment conditions in addition to the general booking terms.
6. TERMS OF PAYMENT VALID FOR RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS. - STANDARD RATE:The booking form contains the amounts and dates of the different payments due to complete the reservation, as follows:
• To be paid at the time of booking: 40% as DEPOSIT calculated on the rental listed price;
•To be paid within 30 days prior to the beginning of lease: 60% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card.
Upon receipt of the deposit Apuliarentals will send to the clients, by e-mail: Booking confirmation; Upon receipt of the balance Apuliarentals will send to the clients, by e-mail, the documentation regarding the reservation: Voucher; Directions to reach the property booked. The failure to pay the balance within the established limits implies the automatic cancellation of the reservation with the right to apply a penalty of 100% the full amount of the reservation.
The cancellation of a booking, even if replaced by another one, has the following penalties:
• 40% of the total booking price in case of cancellation communicated by the customer between the 60th and the 30th day from the beginning of the stay;
• 100% of the total price of the reservation in case of cancellation communicated by the customer between the 29th and the 1st day from the beginning of the stay;
• For cancellations received before the 60th day of the start of the stay, the customer is entitled to a refund of 40% paid as a deposit to confirm the booking.
The NON REFUNDABLE RATEprovides for a discount of 10% on the total rental price, with paying the 100% of the amount at the time of booking - this rate does not provide for the reimbursement conditions/split payment above-mentioned (only provided for by the STANDARD RATE).
The NON REFUNDABLE RATEdoes not include any kind of reimbursement; in the event that the guest has to cancel his reservation in case of government restrictions due to CoVid-19, Apulia Rentals offers the following options:
- A voucher worth the amount already paid (that can be spent for all our properties);
- Postpone the reservation;
No type of reimbursement for personal reasons.
7. RESERVATIONS MADE LESS THAN 30 DAYS FROM THE BEGINNING OF STAY. - For reservations made less than 30 days from the beginning of the stay, the clients have to proceed with a single payment of the total amount of the rental at the time of the booking. The terms of payment will be the same as those in the normal booking procedure.
8. STAY CANCELLATION COVER DUE TO LOCKDOWN. - The reservation price includes the special Stay Cancellation Cover due to Lockdown, which protects the customer and his travel companions in the event that he is forced to cancel his stay in the 30 days prior to the scheduled check-in date, due to the occurrence of at least one of the following Covid-19 epidemic containment measures officially imposed by the Governments/competent authorities:
• National Lockdown in Italy: provision officially imposed by the Italian government, that sanctions the closure of the national borders; this measure, limiting free movement of people, decrees the objective impossibility for the foreign client to travel to/from Italy;
• National Lockdown in Client's Country of residence: provision officially imposed by the government of the country of residence of the client holding the reservation and / or residence of one of the other travel participants, provided that their details have been correctly entered, at the time of booking, in the appropriate form of the participants' registry; this measure sanctions the closure of the national borders and free movement of people, decreeing the objective impossibility for the foreign client to travel to/from Italy. To make this coverage effective, the personal data of all customers must be correctly entered, at the time of booking, in the appropriate form of the participants' registry. Upon the occurrence of this case, the customer must send an apposite certificate certifying effective residence in the country affected by this restrictive measure;
• Local Lockdown in the Municipality or in the Area in which the booked Villa is located: provision officially imposed by the Italian Government or by other competent authorities, which establishes the closure of the municipal territory or of a specific and delimited area in which the booked villa is situated, limiting the free movement of people and thus decreeing the objective impossibility for the client to reach it for his stay;
• Italian Local Lockdown in the Client’s Municipality or area of residence: provision officially imposed by the Italian Government or other competent authorities, which establishes the closure of the municipal territory or of a specific and delimited area in which the customer holding the reservation and / or one of the other participants in the trip are resident, limiting the free movement of people and thus decreeing the objective impossibility for the clients to leave their residence area to reach the villa booked for their stay. To make this coverage effective, the personal data of all customers must be correctly entered, at the time of booking, in the appropriate form of the participants' registry. Upon the occurrence of this case, the customer must send an apposite certificate attesting to actual residence in the locality affected by this restrictive measure.
All types of provisions not listed above are excluded from this coverage, including, by way of example only:
− mandatory quarantine of the client upon his arrival in Italy and/or his return, even though imposed by the competent authorities;
− local lockdowns and/or restrictions in areas in which the booked villa is not located; − local lockdowns and restrictions in the area in which the arrival/departure airport and/or station is located;
− closure of the arrival/departure airport and/or station;
− cancellation/delays/postponement of booked flights;
− cancellation of events and / or any activities previously purchased and reason of the holiday;
− client's fear of travelling/personal reasons;
− causes not related to the Covid-19 health emergency;
− unofficial restrictions and containment measures and which are not issued by competent authorities.
With this coverage, the customer who cancels due to one of the four restrictive measures covered by the coverage is entitled to receive the refund of the amount already paid (excluding APULIARENTALS booking fees which are never refundable). The refund will be made by Apuliarentals within 60 days of the scheduled check-in date.
(Bookings confirmed through the use of vouchers issued during the Covid emergency are not covered by the Cancellation Cover due to Lockdown. The Stay Cancellation Cover due to Lockdown is valid for bookings made from November, 4th 2020 and is not retroactive).
9. CITY TAX. - The rental price does not include the tourist tax, which must be paid upon arrival.
10. GARANTEE. - A security deposit by credit card is required. At the beginning of the lease, a sum will be committed on the credit card as a security deposit: this deposit is not a charge, but only an amount temporarily 'blocked' on the credit card as a guarantee upon delivery of the keys to the property. N.B. the deposit varies according to the type of property, it is advisable to consult our website www.apuliarentals.com.
11.The reservation is complete when the user receives the reservation confirmation with its localisation number by email.
12. INFORMATION.- All information provided by the user is saved on a secure server, and we guarantee that this information shall be accessed exclusively by reservation staff, and only for purposes of the reservation and to communicate with the client in regards to future promotions and deals.
13. OCCUPANTS.- The client may only lodge the maximum number of people as defined in the apartment’s characteristics and as per the hired rate.
14. CLEANING.- The apartment shall be made available to the client duly clean. The client commits to leave the apartment reasonably clean, without rubbish or leftover food.
15. EQUIPMENT.- The client commits to leave the apartment in the same circumstances as they found it upon entering in terms of furniture and equipment preservation.
16. MODIFICATIONS.- We reserve the right to change the hired apartment for one with similar or better characteristics in the event of force majeure, such as occupation or defects suddenly occurring after the date of the reservation. These changes shall be at no cost to the client.
17. CHANGES TO THE RESERVATION REQUESTED BY THE CLIENT. - Changes requested on the property after a reservation has been confirmed, do not bind APULIARENTALS in the event these cannot be met. APULIARENTALS will do everything to satisfy the client’s need, however, any changes or modifications, if accepted by APULIARENTALS, will entail a fixed charge of Euro 50.00 for the client.
18. RESPONSIBILITY AND COMPLAINTS. - All the properties listed in the APULIARENTALS catalogue and on the website www.emmavillas.com have been examined and photographed by Apuliarentals. The descriptions published by our company correspond to the state of the properties at the time of the visit and acquisition, and have been written in the most truthful way. What APULIARENTALS offers the clients, is a way of life: the possibility to experience and learn the habits and customs of the local population by spending a holiday in private houses which represent Italian tradition and history and which do not respond to the categories internationally recognized, but follow the personal tastes of the owners. Any minor deficiency related to the characteristics of the architecture and traditions of the location cannot be considered as a ground for complaint. APULIARENTALS cannot be held responsible in case the property does not match the personal liking of the client, since the client has signed the contract, which it is clearly requested to carefully read the property’s detailed page in all its parts. Moreover Apuliarentals provides all the pictures, descriptions, videos, maps and detailed information about the property booked. In case of people with disabilities, or limited mobility we would like to point out that some of the structures, even if they contain bedrooms and bathrooms adapted for disabled guests, are country houses, with all the limitations and architectural barriers. Also, where children are present, we advise you to pay attention to the descriptions and photographs of the properties and to request further details to the Apuliarentals operators in order to ensure that the chosen property is suitable. Apuliarentals cannot be held responsible if the client has not read the detailed description of the site correctly, has not requested the floor plan of the property or not contacted the booking operators for further information. The criteria adopted by APULIARENTALS in the choice and selection of the structures are based on the identification of the features and accessories that can guarantee a good degree of comfort responding positively to the needs of an international public. If upon arrival, or during the week the client should note serious inaccuracies in the description of the property, or if a problem should arise that he is not able to solve or minimize, the client can contact the APULIARENTALS Customer Service Office, by calling +39 0831 1707059 or by whatsapp +39 0831 332567 during office hours from Monday to Saturday (9.30 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.). The client has to confirm the complaint by writing within 12 hours from the arrival at the property or from the acknowledgement of the problem via e-mail (email@example.com). APULIARENTALS will endeavor to solve the problem as quickly as possible to ensure guests a pleasant stay at the reserved property. APULIARENTALS, however, reserves the right for their representative to verify on site and during the stay of the holidaymakers the reasons for the complaint and any inaccuracies of the owner, both inside and outside the property. If a client should present APULIARENTALS a complaint after the end of the stay, no form of refund will be recognized. Clients have no right to be refunded, unless they have contacted our office or representatives during their stay in one of our properties. Furthermore, no refund will be recognized to clients who leave the structure on request of the owners due to lack of notification regarding people in excess or the presence of animals (the number of people in excess and the presence of animals must always be notified to Apuliarentalss and accepted by them in agreement with the owners) or in the absence of payment of the security deposit requested on arrival. No form of refund will be given to clients who, in case of misunderstandings or problems, leave the property without prior written notice to Apuliarentals, or to clients who decide to leave the reserved property earlier, with no valid reasons or serious inconvenience. No form of refund will be given to clients who decide to leave the property earlier without giving Apuliarentals written explanation and justification in advance, or who have not properly consulted the website and have found conditions not appropriate to them, or without giving the representative of Apuliarentals the chance to extenuating circumstances. Apuliarentals does not recognize as grounds for complaint ascribable to Apuliarentals or the owner: weather conditions, presence of local fauna, mosquitoes and insect bites (the presence of 'wandering' animals may occur considering the geographic location of the structures, especially if the location is in isolated areas and/or in the countryside). Apuliarentals does not recognize as grounds for complaint the lack of electricity, gas or water if this depends on government agencies, external circumstances or due to force majeure. Apuliarentals declines any liability for possible inconvenience caused by third parties, i.e. maintenance of of public roads or restoration of buildings or similar in proximity to the rented properties. Moreover, the owners and APULIARENTALS, refuse any responsibility for personal items and/or of value left unattended inside the property, especially if no preventive measures have been taken. Refunds, if and when due, will be made at the end of the tourist season (no later than the end of December of the current year).
19. WITHDRAWAL OF THE ORGANISATOR. - In the event that APULIARENTALS is forced to cancel the clients’ booking for reasons beyond their control or for reasons of force majeure, they will allocate, in agreement with the client, a new property with the same requisites of or the same standard level of the one previously booked. In the event that the price of the new property is less than the previously booked property, APULIARENTALS will arrange for a refund in favor of the client equal to the difference, whilst in the event that the price of the new property exceeds by 10% the sum paid by the client, the client, by accepting the proposed property, will be required to pay the difference of the higher price. If the client accepts the substitution of the property following his complaint, he does not have to ask and/or expect anything, neither from Apuliarentals or from the owner of the property previously booked and then substituted. If the parties fail to agree to the substitution of the property, after receiving the written cancellation of the contract from the client, APULIARENTALS will refund the amount paid less the registration fee. In no case will Apuliarental pay hotel bills or of other kind of accommodation.
20. USEFUL INFORMATION. - ROADS and distances: the structures of Apuliarentals are mostly country houses, located in uncontaminated and quiet places; this is the reason why the roads leading to the properties are often unpaved, sometimes not very large, and in some cases quite steep or uneven. APULIARENTALS tries to be exact in describing the roads and the distances of the properties from the towns/villages. Is also provides by email a satellite map “Google Maps” where you’ll be able to see the exact position of the structures and in most cases, even the access roads to the properties. APULIARENTALS cannot be blamed for adverse weather conditions which make the roads more difficult to travel on or if the clients are not expert in driving on unpaved roads. Moreover, Apuliarentals is not liable if the client has not carefully read everything on the www.apuliarentals.com website, as required and signed at the moment of the booking, overlooking special advices.
21. SMART HOSPITALITY: APP AND ONLINE CHECK-IN. - For the online check-in, Apuliarentals provides the customers a multifunctional web-app, developed in collaboration with the company ICNEA. The customer, in proximity of the date of arrival at the structure, receives a reminder email with a link, by clicking on which the guest is automatically directed to a digital page where has to insert the personal data (if not previously entered) relating to all travel companions. The customer, through 'Apuliarentals App', can be required to pay any extra expenses, eventually specified in the property page and in the documents of the villa booked, not included in the booking price already paid, such as, for example, the flat-rate costs related to heating, extra cleaning for pets. Through the app, the customer also has the possibility to purchase additional services, extra hotel services, book experiences etc. Always through 'Apuliarentals' the customer is required to pay, where applicable, the tourist tax (Article 4 of Legislative Decree No. 23 of March 14, 2011).
22. SERVICES. - Every property’s profile, in the section dedicated to the reservation, clearly displays what is included and what is not included in the rental price. The additional services, as extra cleaning or change of linen (where it is possible to offer these services), are on request and can be booked 7 days prior the arrival. After that term, the confirmation is subject to the availability of the supplier. Heating and Air Conditioning costs (where required): The cost can be a flat rate (fixed weekly) or can be calculated on the basis of consumption, according to the rates in effect at the time of stay. The cost, in the event that it is a flat rate, must be paid at the time of online check-in through the Smart Hospitality service provided through the 'Apuliarentals' app; in the event that heating and Air Conditioning have to be paid according to consumption, the relative cost must be paid by the customer directly on site to the owner or to a manager of the structure upon departure. Use of the heating and air conditioning: The use of heating and air conditioning, in regards to temperature and period of use, is regulated by laws which vary from region to region. In general, heating can be used from November to April, for a maximum of 8 hours a day, whilst air conditioning can be used during the summer months. (The regulations regarding the on and off period and temperature varies from region to region). Clients must follow these rules without fail. In regards to the ADSL and WiFi connections (the subscription is made independently by the owners) in mostly private structures, in the countryside and in areas far from the town centres, and for not broadband connections, slowing downs or malfunctioning can occur and be caused by atmospheric agents, network instability, and/or causes attributable to Apuliarentals or to the owner. In case of malfunctioning the owners will do their best in order to solve any inconvenience, but we would like to specify that some connections could not be proper for works requiring the download of a big amount of megabytes. The connection of several devices at the same time can be the cause of a service malfunctioning.
23. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES. - The expected arrival times are between 3.00 pm and 8.00 pm, unless otherwise specified in the property information sheet. The customer is recommended to communicate their arrival time at least a week in advance so that the owner or his representative can be on site to welcome the client and facilitate his admission. This communication can be made through the 'Apuliarentals' web-app or through the Reserved Area, where clients can fill in the Check-In information which will be sent directly to the owner. In the event the arrival is later in the evening and after 08.00 p.m., Apuliarentals will facilitate the arrival of the clients at the reserved property, trusting in the collaboration of the owners who may require an extra charge for a late check-in. Any changes regarding the date and time of arrival must be notified to APULIARENTALS via e-mail or by telephone to the numbers on the final travel documentation (owner, Apuliarentals office or Customer Service) in order to better organize the check-in. If the owner will not be informed about a possible delay notified on the arrival day and is not able to accept the “late check – in”, the client will bear the cost of an overnight stay at a different structure to that booked with APULIARENTALS, without requiring anything from Apuliarentals or the owner, who will in any case do their best to satisfy the client. Departure from the property will be in the morning before 10.00 am, allowing access to the owner to check the state of the property and to the cleaning staff to put the house in order at least an hour before the announced departure time. In the event that guest’s check-out before 08.00 am the owners, at their discretion, may require an extra charge which will be indicated at the time of the request for early check-out. The departure time, however, must always be communicated at least 12 hours beforehand to the owner or property manager.
24. ARRIVAL AT THE PROPERTY. - On arrival at the property clients are asked to present their entry voucher and valid ID (passport or identity card) to the owner or his representative for registration as required by Italian law, if not communicated before in the reserved area of each client through the National Security Form. Without these documents access to the property will be at the discretion of the owner.
25. NUMBER OF GUESTS AND THEIR IDENTIFICATION. - At the time of booking clients will be required to enter the names and ages of the people staying in the property in the public security module, which can be viewed and filled in via the Reserved Area on the website for the guests registration to the competent authorities. On the information sheet of each property, both on the website and in the catalogue, is indicated the maximum number of people that the house can accommodate. This number (adults – children – babies) cannot be exceeded in any way. APULIARENTALS must be informed of and must approve any substitution or increase in the number of guests, as well as if this is just for an event (Birthday, Anniversary, Wedding and so on) that may take place on the property during the stay, arranging it with the owner who will be obliged to charge any extra fees and agree with the event. In the event of failure by the client to inform the owner, the owner reserves the right to remove the guests that exceed the number communicated from the property.
26. INFANTS 0-36 months. - Apuliarentals will be happy to provide cribs, cots and highchairs for the children. Most of the houses offer the first cot, which is free of charge. For additional cots there is a cost of Euro 50.00 each. Apuliarentals requires the communication of the number of cots required through the Booking Form and at least 30 days prior to arrival. Children who fall into this category are infants under the age of 3.
27. PETS. - Each property information sheet indicates whether pets are allowed or not. At the time of booking the client is required to communicate any pets he will be bringing with him, indicating the number and size. The owner can refuse access to clients who bring pets without having notified it at the time of booking or can refuse to accept pets when the number seems excessive for the property. Charge for extra cleaning will be required on site.
28. HOUSECLEANING. - Initial and final housecleaning are included in the rental price unless otherwise specified in the house information sheet published on the website and in the catalogue. The weekly housecleaning (applicable on receptive structure only) does not include cleaning the kitchen and waste disposal. Properties must be returned in good hygienic conditions in all parts and accessories. If not, the client will be required to pay the owner or his representative the cost needed for cleaning. If the guests do not dispose of waste from the property the owner or his representative may ask for an additional charge for this service. The kitchen must be left clean and tidy. If, for any reason, including time, guests cannot clean the kitchen and the furnishings/fittings before their departure, the owner will be entitled to request an extra charge for it to be cleaned.
29. MAINTENANCE OF THE POOL AND PARK. - The pools will be open in the periods indicated on the information sheet of each property (opening in low season will be regulated according to the weather conditions). Any pool opening outside the indicated period will be agreed with the owner and will require payment of an additional charge.
30. EXCEPTIONAL MAINTENANCE AND INTERVENTION. - In the event of exceptional maintenance or intervention essential for the smooth running of the holiday the clients may not in any circumstances prevent access of the owners or the managers of the facilities to the property or the house. It is understood that the owners will always provide prior notice and will require the presence of the guests themselves, it being understood that where guests cannot be present during the work progress, the owners or their representatives can however enter the houses, if necessary, to carry out any repairs.
31. RULES OF CONDUCT. - Guests are kindly requested to comply with the standards of conduct in force in our Country, regarding good behaviour, and to have great respect for the owner and the structure in which they are staying. It is forbidden to move furniture around in the house, to take furniture and furnishings outside the house and/or to use them in a different way to which they should be used. In the event in which a guest does not respect the standards of good behaviour and this results in damage to the structure or the furnishings therein or to the outdoor equipment regarding the garden and pool, the owner will have the right, at his sole discretion, to consider the lease terminated via verbal communication to the guest and copy in writing to the agency and ask for the immediate removal of the client from the property with the right to appeal also to the police. APULIARENTALS denies any liability in the case of disputes between the client and owner. In the event of legal action the owner will provide the client with information about the competent court.
32. TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA. - Personal data and other elements acquired by our Agency during the course of the assignment, will be subject to secrecy and will be treated in compliance with the privacy and the rights of the person through the systematic application on our part of appropriate measures of protection and guarantee prepared both for paper and electronic processing of data and measured to the specificity of the data itself (simple personal data or sensitive or judicial data). Pursuant to the effects of the Legislative Decree 196/03 we inform the client that his personal data will be processed only for purposes determined by the contract for such purposes (including for accounting and administrative purposes). Please also be advised that such data could be used for commercial and promotional activities pertaining to the services provided by Apuliarental, for this last use consent for treatment is required. The absence of the Client’s consent will not allow our Company to use the personal data to conduct commercial activities.
All the Apuliarentals documents are written in Italian and English (used as the official International language), all rules and regulations are determined and enforced by Italian Law.